On Mon, Oct 23, 2023 at 09:24:13PM +0000, Ben Grande wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Dom0 is not normally a client for extraneous qrexec calls, but in this
> case, I need dom0 to resolve the domain name from the token @default via
> policy.
>
> Policy:
>
>       service * dom0 @default allow target=mydomain
>
> Call:
>
>       qrexec-client -d @default -- 'DEFAULT:QUBESRPC service dom0'
>
> Dom0 does not requires the policy the call to be allowed, as it is always
> allowed. Watching the qrexec policy logs, the call from Dom0 is not
> logged.
>
> If I run from dom0:
>
>       qrexec-policy 0 dom0 @default service 1
>
> It resolves the domain but fails to run the command:
>
> INFO:policy:qrexec: service: dom0 -> @default: allowed to sys-git
> 2023-10-23 21:19:28.154 qrexec-client[32893]:
> qrexec-client.c:184:connect_unix_socket: connect: No such file or directory
> ERROR:policy:qrexec: service: dom0 -> @default: error while executing:
> qrexec-client failed: ['/usr/lib/qubes/qrexec-client', '-d', 'mydomain',
> '-c', '1,dom0,0', '-E', '--', 'DEFAULT:QUBESRPC service dom0']
>
> If I run the command directly without the request id and the literal domain
> name, it works:
>
>               qrexec-client -d mydomain -- 'DEFAULT:QUBESRPC service dom0'
>
> How can I force dom0 to use the '@default' token?
> As 'qrexec-client' does not allow tokens in the domain name yet, would
> this be interesting to have?
>
> Documents read:
> - https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/qrexec-internals/
> - https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/qrexec-internals/

I don't think there is one-step solution, but you can get policy
resolved by using `qrexec-policy` in the 3-arg form (skipping domain id
and process ident). Then, you'll get the result in key=value format,
including resolved target= that you can use in a qvm-run (or
qrexec-client) call. It even works with `ask` policy (you get the
prompt), which means we finally can implement qvm-copy (not just
qvm-copy-to-vm) in dom0 too :)

- --
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki