On 2016-05-27 20:01, 01101 wrote:
> Please someone help this has been killing me....
>
> I need to update kernel and have no internet for the following
> reasons:
>
> 1. I have intel wireless 8260 and based on findings (here
> <http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showpost.php?p=1757402&;
> postcount=6>), this is not supported until kernel 4.1.14, therefore
> I must update kernel to use wifi.
>
> 2. my laptop does not have ethernet port so I use a usb ethernet
> and assigning the usb controller to sys-net (netvm), although in
> doing so yields the following error: "libxl: error:
> libxl_pci.c:1041:libxl__device_pci_reset: The kernel doesn't
> support reset from sysfs foor PCI device"

To work around this, you can use this command in dom0:

qvm-prefs -s sys-net pci_strictreset false

However, you should be aware of the security implications of doing this:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/user-faq/#i-assigned-a-pci-device-to-an-
appvm-then-unassigned-itshut-down-the-appvm-why-isnt-the-device-
available-in-dom0

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/dom0-tools/qvm-prefs/

> so must I update the kernel offline? If so, please tell me how as I
> have no clue how to do this in qubes netvm.
>
> Thank you.

- --
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS