Am 29.05.2016 um 03:31 schrieb Andrew David Wong:
> On 2016-05-28 11:38, Achim Patzner wrote:
> > Hi!
>
> > Is it only me or are there some more people who seriously hate
> > having to add firmware for virtual machines?
>
> I'm not sure I understand.

My mistake. I wanted to write _modules_ and constantly wrote "firmware".
"You should not post at 3 in the morning after 27 hours of work", I guess.

> Is this some kind of special procedure required by your particular needs?

Yes. For some reasons I'm running around with a collection of USB WLAN
devices and I have to install the appropriate drivers (and firmware) for
them whenever I update the kernel. I wouldn't really mind it so much if
they were really exotic hardware but most of them are Ralink and Realtek
based "IT-groceries" found at every corner. This is annoying me quite a bit.

Achim