Hello!
First and foremost, I did google and I did read this thread about Dom0 not
being networkable anymore
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/c2RyhLmTCm4/VQXWnHtyBQAJ

However, I need to have 3d acceleration available to a trusted-ish (in the
sense, developed in-house) program that would need network access.

Performance w/o acceleration access is unacceptable, while accelerated
performance is okay (tested on raw fedora) so just giving up and running it
in a Qubes AppVM is sadly not an option

The software also needs network access.

Current plan is to
1) restore Dom0 networking via netvm
2) build the program inside Dom0
3) take additional steps to mitigate possible risks (maybe run it in
something like firejail -  software in question runs well inside firejail
in isolated network namespace as non-root with firejail's secomp and caps
filters enabled)

Thus questions are:

a) how do I restore Dom0 networking via netvm "properly"?

b) are there any additional pitfalls to compiling stuff in Dom0

c) what mitigations beyond firejail would be prudent (maybe also run
something like pdnsd in netvm to deal with DNS-related issues mentioned here
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/c2RyhLmTCm4/RwZjfAOFBQAJ>
specifically?)

d) is this entire undertaking a worse idea than "just run this
"trusted-ish" thing on an arch linux machine with grsec and a few KVM VM's
for isolating less trusted apps" ?

Thank you!