Am 09.06.2016 um 08:46 schrieb Drew White:

> On Thursday, 2 June 2016 21:24:02 UTC+10, Achim Patzner wrote:
>
>     Is there a way to provide a virtual graphics card that will support
>     3840*2160 pixels? I'm having serious problem to see anything using a
>     Windows 7 HVM at 257 dpi...
>
> Either install the tools and go Seamless, OR alter the settings to
> have the text and all larger.

Great idea. Then you've got a stamp-sized window with very few but
readable characters. That's making work much easier.

I'll rephrase my question: Does anyone have an idea how to get a Windows
HVM to provide a window of more than 2560*1400 pixels, no matter which
size the pixels are? (Obviously things are _much_worse for people using
a 15" display at > 300 dpi).

> Or else just use a lower resolution.

An even greater idea. That's ok if your competition is a zSeries
mainframe. It sucks if your competition is Mint or Ubuntu.

Achim