I have installed Qubes R3.1 on a laptop. I have a couple issues as noted below. I tested this both before and after updates, and have also re-burned an installation media and re-installed Qubes OS which problems persist. If anyone could give any pointers that would be much appreciated.

Issue#1 Disposable VM does not launch

Issue#2 Screen is super bright, I am unable to dim the screen. Neither keyboard Fn keys or software screen brightness slider makes any changes.

Issue#3 Some desktop effects do not work, such as 3D cube. When I try to enable I get error message about requiring OpenGL.

Thanks

--
Cannon N. Ciota
PGP Fingerprint: E7FB 0605 1BD4 8B88 B7BC 91A4 7DF7 76C7 25A6 AEE2