On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 7:29 PM, J. Eppler <j.epp...@openmailbox.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> all VM's in Qubes consume a large amount of memory by default. You can
> restrict your firewall VM to 1 GB or less.
> You can restrict the memory consummtion under 'Right click -> VM Settings
> -> Advanced' to Max. Memory ~1024 MB or less.
>
> There is also a Unikernel solution. Unikernels are special purpose
> operating systems. Thomas Leonard created a Unikernel firewall for Qubes OS
> which runs perfectly fine with 30 MB of RAM.
>
> You will find resources on how to do it here:
> https://github.com/talex5/qubes-mirage-firewall
> http://roscidus.com/blog/blog/2016/01/01/a-unikernel-firewall-for-qubesos/
>
> Best regards
>   J. Eppler

Seems interesting thanks, sometimes I wondered if there was any way to
reduce the burden to have all these sysVMs always working.

But for most people, me included, changing a firewall without fully
understanding it may be dangerous.  We are dealing with some core element
of Qubes security.

So better to wait for some official, pre-installed and supported version of
it, if any.
Best
Fran