On Wednesday, 13 July 2016 11:41:36 UTC+10, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki  wrote:
> Check at what speed your connection was negotiated in netvm (sudo
> ethtool eth0 - or whatever interface is named). Also check CPU
> utilization during the transfer - maybe your CPU can't handle more when
> passing data between VMs?

CPU, depends how many I assign, but on them primarily I have 2 threads, and it
uses between 25% and 50% constantly when doing a large transfer.

I have xentop and bwm-ng running at all times to keep an eye on things.

 NAME  STATE   CPU(sec) CPU(%)     MEM(k) VCPUS NETS NETTX(k) NETRX(k)
AppVM --b---        484   80.6    1048564     3    0        0        0
NetVM --b---        200   58.0    1042420     2    0        0        0

NetVM can go at 1 Gbps with ease.
AppVM only goes 100 Mbps, roughly.