14. Jul 2016 04:19 by qubenewb...@sigaint.org:

> I have signed up for the mailing list, but I havent "received" the thread
> Id like to reply to.

Hi Qube Newb,  you will not easili be able to reply to any email threads that
happened before you signed up, as as you noted you will not have receive
them.

I do not see an easy way of requesting old email from google groups so in my
mind there are two option, both having some downsides

(https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/qubes-users)  AFAIK this requires
you to have a google account to reply from there

2. You could copy the contents / subject of email you want to reply to from
the web interface of google groups.  This will break email threading and as a
result it will not be seen as part of the same conversation by the google
groups web interface and not grouped with the other emails in the
conversation,  similarly any email client that does a threading view will
have it separate from the original thread.

Maybe others have better suggestions