El jueves, 14 de julio de 2016, 12:48:14 (UTC+2), Drew White  escribió:
> On Thursday, 14 July 2016 20:26:03 UTC+10, Gorka Alonso  wrote:
> > What do you call 'multi-drive PC'? A computer with 2 physical drives (for
> > example a SDD and a HDD)?
>
> Yes, Multi-Drive. It doesn't mean anything else. To read it as anything other
> than what it says just means that someone is trying to make it mean something
> that it does not.

I think you were missing the term 'volume' in contrast with drive. Thanks for
the explanation, wanted to make sure I understood it right.

> > Have you tried the advanced partitioning option in qubes installer? I think
> > that what you want to do is to install Qubes without LVM (which makes
> > several physical devices look like a single logical volume). If I recall
> > correctly, long time since I dont install Qubes, there is an option to
> > enable/disable LVM.
>
> I ALWAYS do custom, NOT automatic.
> Automatic doesn't do anything right for me.
>
> I always do standard partitioning. But unfortunately when you have 2 drives
> selected for install, it always has the data and partitions crossing the
> drives.
>
> i.e. 2 drives become 1.
>
> I have 1 drive that I want Qubes on. It is a 60 GB SSD.
> Then I have my 256 GB Mirror Raid, on which I want to map to /var/lib/qubes.
> I'm not asking much, but the installer doesn't do what it's meant to.
> So I have to install, then reconfigure, then get external drive and run
> partitioning software, and then do a resize and move and shift and just stuff
> around with it all.
>
> IF it was to work correctly, then I could use encryption and LVM on the 60 GB
> and then standard on the raided.
>
> In other words, I could configure it all correctly the way I want it, instead
> of being forced to have it a way that is not the way I want it.
>
> Since we can't always upgrade by downloading, due to the data usage
> limitations here, we need to install by the DVD. So 1 download and update
> multiple machines.
>
> If it's configured on multiple drives, then it can set to install on just the
> first drive. Then all the VMs will be stored on the secondary drives.
>
> At this time, I have had to make all the adjustments manually by the XML only
> after installation and then I have to restore backups to the system, and
> since there's not always the right Kernel installed because it's not included
> in the new versions, it makes it difficult.
>
> But anyway... I'll leave it at that for now.

Should check it to make sure, but Qubes uses Anaconda in the installer in a
encrypted LVM group. Check this[1] link, I think they are answering the exact
same question you are asking. Have not checked if the Qubes installer has exact
same options (modify the volume group, create a new one), hope it helps.

[1]:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/newreply.php?s=4fdd575cdd983bdfd45ee7a42e28f1a7&do=newreply&p=1726897