Also, there are some guests I've had working for several months, and never
changed the settings since day 1.

Then one day after a few months they just have that issue, can't find file or
folder.. and nothing has changed.

The NetVM is usually having an issue like not being able to see the network and
not getting the network any more and dying and losing the connection altogether
or similar.

I've only had this issue in the past few days, no updates, no new VMs, no
nothing changing to make it happen. Not even restarting the PC fix's the issue.
It can even cause the issue sometimes.