On Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 2:26:39 AM UTC-4, Drew White wrote:
> On Saturday, 16 July 2016 16:22:46 UTC+10, raah...@gmail.com  wrote:
> > >
> > > I have backups of older Linux Guests, Fedora 23. From Qubes 3.1, and
> > > RESTORING them into 3.2, but since the backup doesn't backup the kernel
> > > that is used, OR the full guest, the guest itself is completely broken.
> > > And since it's broken I cant even restore it to a new installation of 3.1.
> >
> > Why do you need the older kernel, what do you mean by broken?
>
> I restore it, it says it will use the newer kernel, but then it just doesn't
> start or says it can't find the files or folder or says it just can't boot or
> starts then immediately shuts down.

did you make any custom modifications to that template?  I believe qubes
recommend you don't do that to default templates cause it can cause restore
errors and use a cloned template instead.

If its just a matter of installing some apps,  just keep a list and reinstall
them on new system is probably easier.