On 08/03/2016 03:22 PM, Markus Kilås wrote:
> On 08/03/2016 09:31 AM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:

>>> Very similar issues here...
>>
>> I think it's this issue:
>> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/1067

>>> I had renamed the sys-firewall VM back to its old "firewallvm" name using
>>> Qubes manager after a fresh 3.1rc2 install (otherwise restoring my backup
>>> wouldn't have worked: "could not find referenced firewallvm" ...).
>>
>> Enable option "ignore missing" during backup restoration. This will use
>> default VMs in place of missing ones (default netvm, default template
>> etc).
>>
>>> Maybe the
>>> sys-firewall name is hardcoded somewhere? I guess I'll test renaming it back
>>> again soon...
>>
>> It shouldn't matter.
>>

> My guess was not that the issue was with the name but rather that my
> restored netvm had some configuration (or similar) issue preventing the
> resolving from working in some situations.
>
> I have no idea if that makes sense or not, it was just a hypothesis of mine.
>
> But the fact for me is that since I switched to use the stock sys-net VM
> I haven't had the problem a single time yet.
>

> Cheers,
> Markus

Unfortunately, I was wrong.

After working perfectly for a few weeks now I have seen the issue again :(

- working networking in sys-net
- working networking in sys-firewall using sys-net
- ping/dig etc not working in AppVM when using sys-firewall
- working networking in AppVM when connecting directly to sys-net

Currently the only workaround I know of is to connect directly to
sys-net or reboot and hope for better luck...

Cheers,
Markus