I use the Debian 8 Template so the rc.local file is in the /etc/ folder not in
the /rw/ folder. As I said, the script works find if i launch it manually in my
ProxyVM terminal.

This is the content of my rc.local

#!/bin/sh -e
#
# rc.local
#
# This script is executed at the end of each multiuser runlevel.
# Make sure that the script will "exit 0" on success or any other
# value on error.
#
# In order to enable or disable this script just change the execution
# bits.
#
# By default this script does nothing.

groupadd -rf qvpn ; sleep 2s
sg qvpn -c 'openvpn --cd /etc/openvpn/ --config myopenvpnfile.ovpn \
--daemon --writepid /var/run/openvpn/openvpn-client.pid'

exit 0