> So I took kwinrulesrc from the old system and copied it right into the new
> system manually with no issues. No idea why restoring dom0 wasn't able to do
> so. Now I gotta wade through all the other config files... Hopefully, not
> missing anything else.

Mystery is partially solved. Upon reboot, the entries in the good kwinrulesrc
file were mostly cleared and replaced with references. Window Rules must use
some type of unique identifiers that aren't carried over... Maybe an
export/import would work. The important thing is that Qubes Restore doesn't
appear to have an issue.