I notice in the debian-8 template that network time synchronization seems
to be on by default in systemd.

systemd-timesyncd.service  loaded active running   Network Time
Synchronization
time-sync.target           loaded active active    System Time Synchronized

It's disabled in fedora-23 by default, and rightly so, as I believe it's
unnecessary given the dom0 driven /etc/qubes-rpc/qubes.SetDateTime
mechanism, and it's kind of "leaky" sending requests unnecessarily to the
Internet.

Paranoidly yours,

JJ