I remember when I first installed Windows Tools, I accidentally double-clicked
it and it was installing 2 versions of it at the same time.

This may have been what screwed up network access.

It may not be a glitch with Windows Tools at all.

Can Windows Tools be removed and re-installed in Windows "Add/Remove Programs"
or something like that..?

If not, I'll re-install my entire win7 again, and maybe this time it will work.

What Windows Tools may need... is a system to prevent the user accidentally
installing it multiple times at the same time.

I had 2 installations of the exact same thing going at the same time.

That's all I can remember doing wrong. This may not even be the reason at all.
It's just my theory.