> How does Qubes perform as the host OS in a virtualised server environment?
>
> I'm thinking of a configuration where the host OS is Qubes with VM's
> running for things like a virtualised email server, IDS server, perhaps a
> Tor relay etc. I've used Qubes as a desktop host, I'm just curious about
> whether it's a practical host for virtualised serviers?

I would think it would perform wonderfully as a virtualized server.  Most
commercial places that rent you virtual servers use Xen, and Qubes is
based upon Xen, so . . .

And the separation of server to prevent cross-contamination is a great
feature.

I used a Xen-based virtual server at Rackspace for years, and it performed
wonderfully.

Now, if you have a server that's going to be handling a high level of
traffic, you're going to want some correspondingly powerful hardware and
memory behind it.

But the success of running servers under Xen is a proven thing.

JJ