David Hobach:
> On 08/31/2016 08:14 PM, entr0py wrote:
>> Eva Star:
>>> 3.2rc2 - clean install (on 3.2rc1 with updates I do not have this
>>> problem)
>>>
>>> At dom0 pulseaudio proccess always eat 100% of CPU. If I kill it,
>>> then it starts again! Please, help. Hot to fix this issue or how
>>> to disable pulseaudio start after kill.
>
> Same problem here, only by updating though.
>
>> Had similar symptoms on Qubes 3.1. If you have multiple audio
>> adapters (ie Onboard + HDMI), disable one. (On KDE, it was
>> PulseAudio Volume Control > Configuration. Don't know XFCE.)
>
> I also have multiple (incl. external). Disconnecting the external one
> does not appear to help though.
>
> Pulseaudio child processes constantly die and get started again, i.e.
> the PID is changing every 1-2s. I guess that's not normal? Sound in
> VMs is stuttering.
>
> rsyslogd also eats quite a lot of CPU, but I bet it's due to the
> pulse logs.
>
> Sample log and /etc/pulse/default.pa attached.
>
> Anyone got an idea?

In my case, the Onboard and HDMI adapters kept trying to connect, kicking out
the other adapter. The machine would basically lock up every few seconds and
CPU would max out. Same symptoms as you describe with the PIDs.

What I did specifically was go to Configuration tab and set Profile to 'Off'.
One of the dom0 updates caused this setting to revert to its default. Perhaps
you've got another adapter besides the USB, or the machine keeps looking for
the disconnected adapter?