On Monday, September 5, 2016 at 10:23:42 PM UTC, Daniel Wilcox wrote:
> Hi Micah, you're taking the opposite the usual strategy I do on my extra
> firewall vms -- by adding a rule rather than removing one.  Could you try on
> the appropriate firewall vm:
>
> iptables -D FORWARD 3  # where rule 3 should be the rule to drop all packets
> between the vif interfaces

Before opening up your firewallVM, please narrow down the issue to either the
firewallVM or dev_win10 by completely disabling Windows Firewall. It's
questionable whether you're gaining any protection from Windows Firewall anyway
(wrt Qubes philosophy).

Go to Control Panel > Windows Firewall > Turn Windows Firewall on or off:

First, confirm that `Block all incoming connections` is unchecked! As a
paranoid user, you might have set this and then forgotten.

Then, `Turn off Windows Firewall` for *both* profiles. No reboot. Initiate RDP
session from dev.

> This should be equivalent to what you're doing but might be worth a check.
> Also I'm sure you've noticed whenever the firewall vm has a change to its
> rules, it'll reload and we have to re-execute this (anyone have ideas for
> that btw?).

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/qubes-firewall/#tocAnchor-1-1-4
(see "qubes-firewall-user-script")