On Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 8:35:54 PM UTC-4, Boris Kourtoukov wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 7:59:03 PM UTC-4, Boris Kourtoukov wrote:
> > On Tuesday, September 13, 2016 at 7:12:02 PM UTC-4, Connor Page wrote:
> > > does it work in plain Fedora?
> > > your problem most probably is not directly related to the network card
> > > itself. it could be caused by bios settings and wrong acpi config in
> > > kernel. I used to have the same problem when I first tried Qubes R2 on
> > > Lenovo Yoga 2 13. ideapad_laptop module back then would work for all
> > > models except for my Yoga. nothing could help but patching the module and
> > > recompiling dom0 kernel. then around kernel version 3.18 it was fixed
> > > upstream and Qubes kernel has been good for me ever since. live distros
> > > based on Debian stable ( kernel version 3.16) can never initialise the
> > > built-in wifi card. i found the patch on some Ubuntu forum.
> > > you haven't provided any information about the kernel and Qubes versions
> > > that you've tried but I hope this information can be helpful. and check
> > > your bios settings just in case.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am using Qubes 3.2 and have currently tested with Kernel 4.4.14-11. I
> > will double check the Bios settings, haven't thought of that possibility.
> >
> > Thanks for your reply, if you think of anything else please give me a shout!
> > Boris
>
> Hey,
>
> I haven't checked the BIOS settings in a while and recalled my previous issue
> here: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/ulmQOVxkP38/nJYy6c2lAAAJ
>
> Due to that I've had vt-d disabled (vt-x enabled) this whole time.
>
> Would you say that disabled vt-d could prevent the wifi switch from working?
>
> I looked over the rest of the settings and wifi is enabled everywhere it is
> listed.
>
> (By any chance has there been any vt-d related display glitch workarounds in
> the last year? HCL says that T410 is all green :/)
>
> Thanks for taking a look,
> Boris

Sorry for the spam, looks like someone has had a similar issue with vt-d on
Thinkpads and fixed it in this thread:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/qubes-users/7Q7C81AI3Aw/A8DrF2XqAgAJ

I now have vt-d, but the wifi switch is still not seen. So I am ruling vt-d out
as a possible problem.

Back to square one!

Boris