On 2016-09-16 10:36, Otto Kratik wrote:
> With a Windows 7 HVM, initially upon creation it is a fixed small
> window size and shows two mouse pointers chasing each other within
> that HVM window. By installing Qubes Windows Tools, both of these
> limitations are removed. One single mouse pointer and full screen
> resolution are achieved - as well as seamless mode becoming
> available.
>
> My question is, can the same full window size and single mouse
> pointer objectives be achieved when using a Linux-based HVM, such as
> one in which Ubuntu for example is installed? As far as I know, there
> is no equivalent "Qubes Ubuntu Tools" which facilitates this.
>
> I know of course that regular Fedora/Debian/Whonix type PVM's based
> upon templates already do this perfectly, and I use them frequently
> for almost everything. I am asking specifically about an HVM for a
> special usage case. It doesn't have to be Ubuntu specifically, but it
> does have to be a Linux distro capable of running within an HVM under
> Qubes R3.1.
>
> Does any such option exist?

I think you (or someone else) would have to put in the coding work in
order to make this work in the desired way. However, a lot of work
has already been done on the Archlinux Template (which, I assume,
can be run as an HVM if desired, though I haven't tried it myself):

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/archlinux/

Some work has also been done on an Ubuntu template:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/ubuntu/

There's also a more general workaround for the screen resolution issue
(as well as a pointer regarding Qubes agents):

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/linux-hvm-tips/

- --
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS