On 09/17/2016 11:20 PM, Andrew David Wong wrote:
> On 2016-09-17 12:51, necrokulto wrote:
> > Is there anything I can do for i.e. scripts, command etc... if the
> Archlinux-template not sending the application list on every updates
> of its application to dom0? Should I recompile it back or not?
>

> You can try to trigger it manually using this command (in dom0):
>
> $ qvm-sync-appmenus <arch-template-name>

However this should be done automatically now through a pacman hook with
the latest code of qubes 3.2 (pacman will output "updating qubes icon
cache").

Does /usr/lib/qubes/qubes-trigger-sync-appmenus.sh run from the vm works
properly?

If you want a backport of this feature in qubes 3.1 you can check my
repository (branch release3.1-stock [1]).

[1]
https://github.com/ptitdoc/qubes-core-agent-linux/commits/release3.1-stock