On Wednesday, 21 September 2016 02:25:15 UTC+10, johny...@sigaint.org  wrote:

> >> asking is that I am planing to buy a Lenovo ThinkPad T460p Laptop,
> >> which has a NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 2 GB graphics card.

> >> I have a GeForce GTX630 and a Quadro 600 in my machine, and both work
> >> well with no issues.
> >>
> >> The Thinkpads work well with Qubes.
> >> the T530 is very nice and works well.
> >> So the Pro T460 should also be quite acceptable.
> >>
> >> As long as you have 4 or more threads, you can use qubes easily.
> >
> > I have gtx 650 ti.  works great.   I would research how the card perform
> > with open source linux drivers in general before buying.
>
> I have a GeForce6100SM-M2.  It's on-board nVidia card crashes (diagonal
> stripes) after a bit of usage (almost seems to happen when memory gets
> low).
>
> I've tried all the BIOS settings, etc., with no luck.  (The same thing
> occurs under Tails, FYI.)
>
> With a PCI GeForce7300 GT inserted (and the on-board video disabled),
> things work just fine.
>
> (Note that in 3.1, and 3.2 up until rc2? I think, there was a bug where
> the VM's would get screen corruption.  rc2 and beyond have fixed this
> problem.)
>
> Cheers.
>
> JJ

I only got screen corruption AFTER upgrading to 3.2, then I did a full update
of Dom0 to get rid of that because there was a fix that came out for it.
However it didn't happen often. I never found out the reason why it happened,
because I saw there was a fix for it.
3.1 didn't EVER have the screen corruption for me.
And I was using Dual Monitors and dual Quadro600's