ah yes xlinfo, i learned of this command when trying to find a way to show how
much memory the system recognizes installed.

Its still confusing to me to figure  exactly how much ram i have available to
use for vms. or if all memory is being given back when shutting things down.

In 3.0 all memory was loaded by dom0.  So I would just watch the qubes-manager
and make sure missing memory from dom0 matched up to total of the vms.  But
since 3.1 though dom0 is limited to 4gb so accounting for all the memory
manually that way is not possible anymore.

I figure I need at least 1700mbs for dom0 before things start crashing and I
just consider my available memory w/e is extra in dom0.