On Sunday, October 9, 2016 at 11:04:18 AM UTC-4, Tobias Kah wrote:
> I did what the Documentation for Multibooting said and added Stanzas for
> Windows and Linux Mint to Grub 2 to /etc/grub.d/40_custom after installing
> Qubes.
>
> My Partitions are the following:
>

> sda1 "DellUtility" vfat
>
> sda2 "RECOVERY" ntfs
>
> sda3 "OS" ntfs
>
> sda4 extended
>

> sda7 Qubes ext4
>

> sda8 Qubes crypto_LUKS
>

> sda5 Linux Mint Swap
>

> sda6 Linux Mint ext4
>

> My /etc/grub.d/40_custom looks like this after adding the stanzas:
>

> #!/bin/sh
>
> exec tail -n +3 $0
> #
> #
> #
> #
>
> menuentry "Linux Mint 18" {
>
> set root=(hd0,5)
>
> chainloader +1
>
> }
>

> menuentry "Winodws 7" {
>
> insmod part_msdos
>
> insmod ntldr
>
> insmod ntfs
>
> ntldr (hd0,2)/bootmgr
>
> }
>
> I've tried out all possible partitions for root=() and ntldr () but the Linux
> always gives me "error: Invalid Signature. Press any key to continue."
>
> Did I do any mistake while editing the 40_custom file?
>
> For Windows I get something like
>

> "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the
> cause. To fix this problem:
>
> 1. Insert your Windows installation disk
>
> 2. Choose language
>
> 3. Click repair your computer
>

> file: \boot\BCD

> Info: An error occurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data."
>
> Is that really necessary (I don't have such a disk)? There should not have
> been made any changes to the Windows Partition so I do not understand why it
> won't boot...
>

> I really appreciate any ideas on how to fix this issue.

load a live mint disk.  follow these instructions to reinstall grub
https://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/245

Then boot into mint.  then go to /etc/grub.d/40_custom file.   in there you
will paste everything from the qubes /boot partition.  from
/boot/grub/grub2/grub.cfg file (or something like that)  the whole section
between where it says xen.   then update grub and reboot and qubes and windows
should be in the mint grub.