----- Original Message -----
From: "raahe...@gmail.com" <raahe...@gmail.com>
To: qubes-users <qubes-users@googlegroups.com>
Cc: dimi...@yahoo.com; raahe...@gmail.com
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 4:09 PM
Subject: Re: How  to manage multiple USB controllers

> I don't think you really have 6 controllers do you?
dom0$ lspci | grep USB
returns 6 PCI devices:
Bus:Device.Function

00:12.0 ... SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller

00:12.1 ... SB7x0             USB OHCI1 Controller

00:12.2 ... SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI  Controller
00:13.0 ... SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller
00:13.1 ... SB7x0                         USB OHCI1 Controller

00:13.2 ... SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI   Controller

Is it 6 controllers?

> On mine I have only two echi's.
> one is for the two low speed ports, next to the ps2 port which i use for
> mouse and keyboard, and is assigned to dom0.  The other

> controller is for everything else I have in sys-usb.

Thanks for sharing your USB topology and controller assignment.   Have you been
able to hide the USB controllers from dom0 as described in
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/usb/#creating-and-using-a-usb-qube?  So that lspci
returns an epmty string.

> On another machine with xhvi (usb3.0)  everything gets routed through that
> one controller.  the two ehvi controllers get routed through
> the usb 3.0 making a single controller not 3.

How did you determine that the 2 EHCI(s) are routed through XHCI?  What does

dom0$ lspci | grep USB
return?  Does it show 3 controllers or one?

> so its either use the two controllers the same way I have on this box with
> xhvi disabled,

> or enable it then only having a single controller if wanting 3.0 speeds
> (using the qubes input proxy).

In the later case, XHCI is attached to sys-usb, and
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/usb/#attaching-a-single-usb-device-to-a-qube-usb-passthrough
 is employed to pass it to dom0. Is my understanding correct?   Are you able to
log in (after the boot) using the USB keyboard?