On Wednesday, 12 October 2016 11:30:27 UTC+11, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O)  wrote:
> On 10/12/2016 12:26 AM, Drew White wrote:
> > Hi Robert,
> > Do you think you could build a template that would be that which you would
> > consider secure?
> >
> > Personally, I've been asking what packages are REQUIRED for full
> > integration, and never gotten an answer that provides the information I
> > request from anyone, not even the qubes devs.
>
> All the packages in the template that are named qubes-* are required for
> full integration.  Additionally, NetworkMAnager, NetworkManager-wifi and
> NetworkManager*fedora are also required for NetVMs to operate correctly.

So what do those packages require as dependancies though?
The dependancies are also required for full integration.
Just saying, there is more than just "qubes-*" to be thinking about.

> The Fedora minimal template works fine as a very minimal base system.
> Those NetworkManager packages are needed to use it as a sys-net template.

The Fedora minimal template is FAR from minimal. It still contain a lot of
things it shouldn't, and is missing vital things too.

> > I'm not sure if they don't know, or just think that the information is
> > there when it isn't,
>
> Of course they know.  They build the templates.  It's just that this
> question is a low-priority question because this is something you could
> have found out yourself.

No, it's not a low-priority question, I was told that they didn't know. I can
find the thread where they told me, if you want, or else you can search
qubes-users for it.