On Thursday, 13 October 2016 23:26:31 UTC+11, gaikokuji...@gmail.com  wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 12, 2016 at 10:12:48 PM UTC-4, Drew White wrote:
> > On Thursday, 13 October 2016 07:48:24 UTC+11, Gaiko Kyofusho  wrote:
> > > I haven't seen much mention of ReactOS on the list but was thinking it
> > > *might* be worth trying a ReactOS AppVM as an alternative to a MS Windows
> > > AppVM but before I put myself through the frustration I thought I'd ask
> > > #1 The wisdom (or not) of the idea and #2 If its been tried already and
> > > doesn't work yet.
> > >
> > > Thx
> >
> > Qubes tools will NOT work. ROS is only 32 bit. It's still only 2003/XP
> > based.
> > I'm looking at doing something with the Qubes Tools to enable at least
> > copy/paste/qrexec.
> >
> > But at this time, it just won't have that option available if you use
> > ReactOS.
>
> Thats too bad, it would have been nice to use OSS to run win apps but anyway
> thanks for the answer! Saved me a bit of frustration trying to make it work.

No problem, I just talked to the ReactOS people to find out.
during the chat, I may have worked out exactly how to get them working though,
as some of them have patches/cracks to get win7 stuff to work on ROS.
Not always well, but it does work.

On the other hand, I may just write an interpreter for ReactOS to work just
like the tools normally would. It shouldn't be that hard since the code is
already available. But who knows. I will probably encounter many issues. But I
think that it will be beneficial in the end.

At the moment there are other things I'm working on in Qubes to get it to work
right, you know, bridged networking and all. and I mean completely bridged, not
just forwarding.
So that's my first priority, then I'll get onto this other thing and see what I
can pull off, or if it is even possible. It should be possible, and shouldn't
take too long if it is possible.

I'll let you know how it goes.