When I first installed Qubes, my webcam/mic was plugged in.

I have since removed the webcam/mic physically.

Since doing this, the sound no longer works on Qubes.

I tried booting Ubuntu live disc, and sound works.

So it's not a physical problem.

I feel like Qubes initially detected a certain "state" or some kind of hardware
detection.

And now, it's different hardware, so it doesn't play sound anymore. Speakers,
headphone sockets.. Simply no sound.

How do I re-detect the sound hardware.. or restart the state.. or something
along these lines..?

Something like what Qubes would do when first installing.. Detecting the
hardware..? Something like that.

How do I do this?