That's what I did previously and it didn't work:

1. Converted to .VHD using Disk2VHD
2. Converted to .img using DD
3. qvm-create --hvm --root-move-from=/path_to .img

It didn't even start, can't detect hdd. The same procedure works in Virtualbox
and KVM. The .img is about 50G while the physical disk where w7 is installed is
250G but only about 75G is used. The Qubes disk is 250G. I thought Xen would be
able to auto set it to 50G dynamically expandable, same way other hypervisors
do it. Is there a setting somewhere in the config files to enable the feature?