On 10/28/2016 11:09 PM, Gaiko Kyofusho wrote:
Is it possible to set up a VpnVM to automatically/randomly switch between vpn servers? At the moment I have to manually replace openvpn-client.opvn file with another file (with other server info) every time I want to change, would be great if I could at least have a menu that would give me the choice of which server I use or randomly cycle through servers.
--

Its possible, but the specific answer depends on whether you mean different servers from the same VPN provider, or switching between different providers.

A VPN provider that has many servers will usually show up in DNS responses with multiple randomized IP addresses. With these providers, you can just refer to their domain name as the "remote" in your VPN client config and randomization will happen automatically. OTOH, if you want to refer to IP addresses directly, you can specify multiple "remote" lines in the config file along with the "remote-random" feature which will cause openvpn to randomly select one of the specified addresses.

If you want to switch between VPN providers, you could have openvpn look for a config filename that is a symlink to an actual config file. You could have an rc.local script that randomly selects a config file and creates the symlink.

Chris