On Sun, 30 Oct 2016 03:28:39 -0700 (PDT), "Mike A."
<andersen.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> But if I open the application menu band then close the lid, the
> screensaver does not kick in. When I open the lid later, I can start
> using the machine just where I left it.
>
> I am running Qubes 3.2 with Xfce.
>
> Can anyone else recreate this, or is it just a problem locally here
> (user error at my end)?

I have tested it on Lenovo T520 (R3.2, Xfce) and got the same behaviour -
closing lid has no effect while appmenu is opened. I have tested it with
various settings in Xfce Power Manager (lock screen, suspend, switch off
display). When appmenu is closed, closing lid works as expected.

Additionally, locking screen manually (Ctrl-Alt-L) doesn't work too while
appmenu is opened.

--
yaqu