On 2016-11-02 08:56, John Maher wrote:

> Thank you both for reporting this. Gaijin, I'm sorry I missed your thread.
>
> Just to confirm: Are you both using Xfce4?
>
> Tracking the issue here:
>
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/2399
>

> Sorry for the delay in responding. I used the default install for 3.2.
>
> I also just noticed that it appears that memory is not being purged when apps
> are closed. Today when I "woke up" the screen from one of these odd screen
> saver like issues, it very briefly displayed a browser window with a site I
> was on yesterday. I looked carefully and confirmed that I did not actually
> have that window open on my system. It's as if something from yesterday's
> memory was sent to the screen and then closed. Rather disconcerting.
>
> John

I don't think that should necessarily be disconcerting. The Qubes security
model does not include or rely upon purging memory at any particular time
interval. It assumes that you, the authentic single user, should be the only
one with access to dom0's screen content. So, the fact that you're allowed to
see your screen content from yesterday doesn't constitute any violation of the
security model. You're still the same trusted user as you were yesterday. (If
I've misunderstood your concern, please let me know.)

- --
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS
https://www.qubes-os.org