On 11/10/2016 08:40 AM, John R. Shannon wrote:
Is it possible to convert a Windows StandaloneHVM to a TemplateHVM without re-installing Windows?

I think so. To start the conversion, I would try uninstalling Qubes Tools from the standalone first. Then create an empty template HVM and copy the root.img from the standalone to the template's folder. Finally, install Qubes Tools into the template.

Chris