Marek Marczykowski-Górecki:
> On Tue, Nov 08, 2016 at 11:09:37PM -0200, Torsten Grote wrote:
>> On 11/07/2016 08:54 PM, 3n7r0...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> AFAICT, it's an issue with how QEMU is implemented in Xen. The input
>>> device in question is passed via `-usbdevice tablet` instead of being
>>> left to the default PS/2 emulation. There doesn't seem to be any easy
>>> way to disable that parameter from within Xen?
>
>> I would also be very interested in that! Marek, do you know?
>
> It is possible to modify config in /var/lib/qubes/appvms/, but for that
> you need to copy it first, then pass its new location to qvm-start
> --custom-config=...

Thanks! With that, some progress... Deleting `<input type='mouse' bus='xen'/>`
from the config file results in usbtablet being replaced with ps/2 mouse
device. Now, the pointer tracks mouse movements automatically instead of
requiring manual dragging. However, the mouse acceleration doesn't match and
the two pointers become de-synced.

The mouse problem is not a Xen/Qubes issue. Android-x86-4.4-r5 (KitKat) works
perfectly on Qubes. Input handling has changed somehow in
Lollipop/Marshamallow. I would be perfectly content to use KitKat but (of
course), that version doesn't emulate OpenGL (under Qubes) which breaks many
Android apps - even non-3D things like Gallery, Maps, Chrome...

@Torsten: Did you see my last comment on the issue tracker? Other than that,
make sure partition is bootable and use a compatible vga mode.