On 11/15/2016 07:20 AM, Unman wrote:
On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 11:55:13AM +0000, Unman wrote:
On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 05:53:56AM -0500, Chris Laprise wrote:
Following the instructions for the 'vm-sudo' doc, I get the following error
in Debian 9:

/usr/lib/qubes/qrexec-client-vm failed: exit code 1
sudo: PAM authentication error: System error

Also, in the Debian 8 template the instructions don't match, as there
appears to be no file '/etc/pam.d/common-auth'.

Chris

Where did you get that template? The file is present in the default 3.2,
and even in a minimal-no-recommends template for Debian-8.

I'll look at the Debian-9 issue now.

I'm afraid I don't see this issue in a Debian-9 template.
Can you check your editing?

Also, try manually running the qrexec-client-vm dom0 qubes.VMAuth
command, and making sure you get the expected output.
You should see the prompt(from the policy) and then  output from dom0.

unman

Thanks for checking. However, I triple-checked my editing in Debian 9 and Debian 8 template is 'stock' basically nothing added to it.

The qubes.VMAuth request said 'Request refused'. The doc appears to have a typo for the second command in Step 1. "Adding Dom0 “VMAuth” service" that causes '$anyvm' to disappear from the output. This line should use single quotes instead.

Chris