On 12/01/2016 06:25 AM, Franz wrote:

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 12:47 AM, <raahe...@gmail.com <mailto:raahe...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On Wednesday, November 30, 2016 at 7:02:19 PM UTC-5, Loren Rogers
    wrote:
    > What's the recommended way to handle scanners and printers? It
    >       sounds like I'll need to go through a USB Qube, but I
    >         don't trust the closed-source drivers to run alongside
    my USB
    >         keyboard.
    >
    > Will I need to assign a USB PCI device to a particular
    >       printer-scanner Qube and have the others go through dom0?

most use network printer i believe cause easier to print to. Printer is never considered secure or printing private.

If you do not have a network printer you cann buy a printer server for a few dollars.
best
Fran

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/2cd15b8a-89ca-4480-a904-f1c8913b6505%40googlegroups.com

<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/2cd15b8a-89ca-4480-a904-f1c8913b6505%40googlegroups.com>.
    <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.

Good point - I suppose it makes most sense to set up a print/scan server and just connect to it remotely.

However, assuming I had some other USB device that required closed-source drivers, would my only option be to connect it to the USB Qube or dedicate a PCI USB device to a separate Qube?