On 02/12/16 00:03, yaqu wrote:
On Thu, 1 Dec 2016 14:10:08 -0800, Andrew David Wong <a...@qubes-os.org>
1. delete the cloned template.
2. clone fedora23 again onto a new clone using EXACTLY the same
name as the first clone that was deleted in step 1.
- the existing AppVMs that are already based on a template with
that name, will they now just continue to work against the new
clone, or is there anything else than the template NAME that
affects the link between AppVMs and their templates?
Qubes won't let you delete a template while AppVMs are still based on
it. You'll have to temporarily switch those one or two AppVMs to a
different template, delete the one you don't want, clone the one you
want, then switch them to the new clone.
Or, to avoid switching AppVM's template multiple times, one could:
1. clone template (under temporary name)
2. switch AppVMs to the new template
3. delete the old template
4. rename cloned template to the final name
Thanks for the explanation. 1-3 is probably enough unless the original
name is important for some reason.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To post to this group, send email to email@example.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.