W dniu sobota, 3 grudnia 2016 12:53:02 UTC+1 użytkownik Grzesiek Chodzicki
napisał:
> W dniu sobota, 3 grudnia 2016 12:21:49 UTC+1 użytkownik Pawel Debski napisał:
> > Folks,
> >
> > I have a PC with two SATA controllers: primary master holds my SDD with
> > Qubes, while secondary master has CD drive attached.
> >
> > When I insert a data CD it gets mounted by dom0 and the files are
> > accessible. I do not want to open these files in dom0 however. So in the VM
> > Manager I right click my favourite perssonal-full-sw appVM that I created
> > previously and select:
> >
> > Attach/detach block devices -> Attach dom0:sr0
> >
> > and nothing happens.
> >
> > Even more: CD content is still visible in dom0 and /dev/sr0 is still
> > mounted in /run/media/pdebski/CDTITLE
> >
> > How can I better diagnose the problem?
>
> Try using qvm-block -l and then attach the device using qvm-block. If that
> fails, you can attach the entire sata controller (and not just the drive)

Here is the progress:

(in dom0)
qvm-block -l
dom0:sr0 ... attached to fedora-full-sw as xvdi

now in fedora-full-sw Konsole I need

[user@fedora-usb ~]$ su - root
[root@fedora-usb ~]# mkdir CD
[root@fedora-usb ~]# mount /dev/xvdi CD
[root@fedora-usb ~]# df
Filesystem         1K-blocks    Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/xvdi               8038    8038         0 100% /root/CD

and voilà, I can read the files.

HOWEVER: can you imagine a normal user doing this?
(I can't, she/he would kill me with his laughter ;-)

How can I make Fedora read the CD and mount it automagically so all is visible
in AppVM File Manager just after inserting CD?