On Wednesday, 7 December 2016 18:33:13 UTC, Ronald Duncan  wrote:
> On Wednesday, 7 December 2016 16:21:19 UTC, Ronald Duncan  wrote:
>
> > Where should I put the image file?
> /var/lib/qubes/vm-templates/win7-x64-template
> use
> qvm-create --hvm-template win7-x64-template -l green
>
> to create the template subdirectory
>
> I just sshed the file in using my other ubuntu installation, and then fixed
> up the permissions.
>
> The renamed the image to root.img
>
> It started the boot process, and is currently on the Starting Windows screen,
> been stuck like that for a while. Going to leave it for a few hours to see
> what happens since it is using a reasonable amount of cpu and the amount is
> varying :)

I just copied over a kvm image to root.img.

The creation was a 20gb image and my image was 80gb, so the root-cow and
volatile are still down at the lower size of 20gb.

Is this ok or should I have created the vm with a larger image size?

Looks like I may have messed up
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/resize-root-disk-image/??