On Wednesday, December 7, 2016 at 5:22:11 PM UTC-6, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
wrote:
> I think this can be improved (and simplified):
>
> 1. Use bind-dirs[1] (works also for files) to make config persistent;
> this require to have _some_ config file in the template (can be empty).

I didn't know about bind-dirs. I'm not sure if this will work because cjdns
needs to generate its keys and put them in the config file, and it only does
that if there's no existing file.

> 2. Use systemd drop-in to add ExecStartPost (simply create
> /etc/systemd/system/cjdns.service.d/50_user.conf with just [Service] and
> ExecStartPost=... there).

I didn't go with a drop in because I had to change the provided ExecStart and
ExecStartPre lines to change the config file location, and if the changes were
going to be that extensive anyway it seemed cleaner to just replace the entire
file.