Two more surprises from me:

1. I have USB headphones. So fare I have not yet found a way to make
them work under Qubes - but I found some headphones with the old audio
jack - and this works.

2. Once I detached an USB memory device from a VM, before unmounting
the device inside the VM. Then I could not unmount it anymore and I
rebooted the VM. Maybe detaching should check if the device is used?

Cheers,
Z.