Hi!
Does this procedure still work:
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/install-nvidia-driver/

?

I have a box I want qubes on, but it has GTX 1070. I can temporarily swap the
card out for a less obnoxious one (like, some Northern Islands Radeon, which I
have lying around somewhere), but I'd prefer to put the 1070 back in eventually.

Since nouveau support for this GPU is in its infancy (and frankly nouveau is
not very good) I'd like to install Nvidia's proprietary drivers.

Has anyone succeeded in using the "official" procedure  from link above (the
RpmFusion packages version of procedure specifically) on Qubes 3.2 ?

Are there any things beyond what is in that link that I should keep in mind?

P.S.:
For the purpose of this discussion, folks at rpmfusion and Nvidia are
considered trustworthy ;-)