Chris Laprise:

https://github.com/tasket/qubes-doc/commit/27dcc6f142d627293d7788cbd5610b4f6b4f2df5

https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-doc/commit/a9a82bedf092eec13e774dc50cbc6f83f0ef2182

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2016-October/msg00019.html

> Chris

Ah, that was my mistake/commit. I apologize, I did not see this
documented before. Thank you for helping me to realize this confusing
situation.

The worst part, really, is that the only place in the man pages where
random vs. stable is documented is in the section that specifies that
`cloned-mac-address` is deprecated!?! It would be really nice if this
were also doc'd in the `keyfile` or `ifcfg` pages. So now the Qubes docs
have to point to a page that is going to  recreate this situation over
again.

Relevant NetworkManager doc pages:

https://developer.gnome.org/NetworkManager/1.4/nm-settings.html
https://developer.gnome.org/NetworkManager/1.4/nm-settings-keyfile.html
https://developer.gnome.org/NetworkManager/1.4/nm-settings-ifcfg-rh.html

--
qubenix
GPG: B536812904D455B491DCDCDD04BE1E61A3C2E500