On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 3:08 PM, 5n7xyb+qphld0j5ytif4l via qubes-users
<qubes-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:
> I also don't want to remove the password from my private key since I used it
> in different devices and I don't want to use a different template as I have
> many things installed on my debian 8 template.

Using a separate (minimal) template may be a good idea regardless
simply to reduce the number of things which must be trusted to not be
actively malicious in order to maintain the confidentiality of your
pgp key.

I have several templates ranging from "extremely minimal" to "kitchen
sink" for exactly this reason, and would recommend the practice for
its own merit regardless of split-gpg / enigmail / whatever.