On Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 2:03:15 PM UTC-5, Chris Laprise wrote:
> On 12/20/2016 08:53 PM, Patrick Bouldin wrote:
> > Hi, compared to running a certain app in windows (Anki), installing it in
> > the Fedora template in Qubes means the first time to run is very slow to
> > launch. Maybe up to a minute. To install it to the template I just said
> > "sudo yum install anki"
> >
> > Otherwise, other things running are very fast. If I do launch it manually
> > from the fedora CLI it's the same slow launch. Maybe it comes down to
> > compiling it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Patrick
> >

> Did you accidentally turn off memory balancing in the Fedora VM? That
> would slow it down a lot.
>
> Chris

Hi Chris, well that is a new topic for me, but did some checking. To clarify,
one would adjust that at the CLI right? A command like "sudo systemctl stop
qubes-qmemman" ?  If so, I haven't done that. I also see a setting related to
the memory balancing in the advanced part of the memory allocation, a checkmark
for "include in memory balancing" - and that is checked, I think it's default.

Is that what you referred to? Incidentally, I've not installed it on the
template yet, just testing on a created VM until I see it working well.

Thanks,
Patrick
Dallas