On 2016-12-26 01:59, Jodie wrote:
> On Sunday, December 25, 2016 at 4:17:17 PM UTC-10, Jodie wrote:
>>>>

>>> I just tried it and it works for me (it even updates the time
>>> instantly).
>>>
>>> did you change stuff in dom0?
>>
>> No, I didn't. But that gives me a few avenues to explore.
>> Thanks!
>
> Okay, so this is a workaround. What I ended up doing was symlinking
> (manually) /usr/share/zoneinfo/myrelevanttimezone to
> /etc/localtime.
>
> After that, because it still bothered me that it didn't work for me
> as it did other people. I unmasked the systemd-timedated.service
> with the command:
>
> systemctl unmask systemd-timedated.service
>
> Now, it works as John described. I'm not sure why it was masked,
> though. Perhaps fodder for a future enquiry.
>
> Although I am glad that I have the right time zone now. :^)

I think there's still some underlying confusion here. Are you trying
to change your timezone system-wide (i.e., for your entire Qubes
system), or just for a subset of your domUs?

If it's the former, then this change needs to be made in dom0.

- --
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS
https://www.qubes-os.org