On Mon, Jan 02, 2017 at 11:35:22PM -0000, h...@sigaint.org wrote:
> Does OnionShare work safely in Qubes?
>
> Gave it a try with an AppVm based on a qubes-debian template but wasn't
> able to get it working.
>
> Haven't been able to find any posts in the qubes users or devel forums
> about this. Did see some discussion on the whonix forum but that looks to
> still be in the development stage.
>
> Would it be possible using a non-qubes debian or fedora hvm?

You don't say why you weren't able to get it working, or what steps you
took to troubleshoot the problem.
I can confirm that it works fine on a standard Debian appVM.

>From your reference to whonix, I suspect that that is your problem. I
don't use whonix so cant check this but I believe that onionshare relies
on access to a tor control port opened with Tor Browser. I think that
the whonix design would preclude this.

You can try with a normal qube connected to sys-firewall. You can't use
the normal qubes torVM because that doesn't have the control port open,
but with some minor modifications you can fix this, and then try to run
onionshare there.

I don't believe there are any "safety" issues.

unman