Additional Notes: The setting I'm referring to is usually available in the
UEFI/BIOS. Furthermore, when setting it back to 512MB and attempting to boot
the now installed Qubes, I get similar GUI issues as before. Sometimes I can't
even enter the LUKS passphrase, other times it will freeze during the creation
of the desktop environment. In any case, there seems to be a major bug with the
GUI and using more than 256MB of shared video memory.